Thursday 4 May 2017

300 Words a Day - #32: The Path of Least Resistance



My family and friends thought I was crazy.

They really did.

Breaking the news to them was harder than I thought it would be.

The majority of them reacted in a way that was the very antithesis of supportive.

They couldn’t understand why I had suddenly decided to turn my back on the very thing I had been working towards, for nearly a decade.

You don’t do that. 

But if it feels right, then you have to.

You really do.

Because if you don’t you are ignoring the roadsigns that you are on the wrong route.

And the longer you leave it, the harder it will be to turn the wheel.

I’ve always been one for trusting my feelings, and I advise others to practice doing the same thing.

Our feelings are like an inner sat-nav, one that we were born with in our gut; telling us to turn left, go straight ahead, stop here a while and then carry on at a reasonable pace.

They seem to know what’s best for us.

Don’t ask me how… 

Perhaps it’s nudges from something that’s greater than us. Some might say the divine, God, the universe… I’m not going to surmise. All I can go on is my own experience, and what I’ve found is that when I follow and trust my feelings, they guide me, like water, along the path of least resistance.

For when I resist, I suffer.

So my feelings guide me along the path that contains more of the things I’m less likely to resist, thereby manifesting more positive feelings, such as gratitude and a sense that I’m on the right track and “in tune” with what is.

Sometimes, though, following our feelings goes against the advice from those who think they know what’s best for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment